"Apart from anything else, the forum is run by Friends of Radio 3. About 10% of the members here are FoR supporters: the other 90% either don't support us or haven't wanted to join, and if they behave like hooligans it reflects on us." (Madam F.F. to-day)
It may interest certain of our own members if I point out that a third category exists, but has for whatever reason been omitted: the per-centage who have wanted to join and/or contribute but have not been (or are no longer) permitted to do so.
I should perhaps confess that I find myself in your third category, Sydney, although I suspect that as I am, in a profound sense, the Friends of Radio 3's online nemesis, it is hardly surprising that french frank, Eusebius and their hundreds (or even thousands) of supporters around the world are unable to meet with kleines c, even online! Magnanimous as ever, however, after the triumphs of the 2013 Proms' Season, french frank, the legendary Friends of Radio 3 and R3OK are more than welcome to join us all once again at Somerset House this winter. They do not even have to skate, Sydney, although globally, we may be skating on increasingly thin ice over the course of the twenty-first century!
Due to unprecedented demand from around the world, everyone reading 'The Third' is also cordially invited 'In Tune' this afternoon promptly at 16:30 (BST) on Friday 13 September 2013. Pianist Neil Brand and The Tippett Quartet take part in BBC Radio 3’s drive-time programme. Can you make it on this particular occasion, Jason?
BBC Radio 3’s drive-time programme 'In Tune', presented by Sean Rafferty, will be broadcast live from the BFI Southbank on Friday September 13th, a suitably foreboding date to discuss all things Gothic and to kick off a wider focus on film music this autumn. Pianist Neil Brand will take up his regular place at the BFI Southbank piano to elucidate on how some of the spookiest scores in cinema have worked, and The Tippett Quartet will be performing music by the master of unsettling strings Bernard Herrmann. This Gothic 'In Tune' is part of a wider BBC season exploring Film Music this autumn. Tickets are free but should be booked in advance.